A fire can quickly spread out of control, resulting in catastrophic damage in just minutes. Even small fires can be incredibly destructive and create large amounts of smoke damage. After the fire is out, turn to Contact Restoration for professional fire damage restoration and smoke damage cleanup.
We are the experts on:
- Fire Damage Restoration
- Smoke Damage Cleaning & Restoration
- Soot Damage Cleaning & Restoration
Some very toxic chemicals may be produced as a result of breakdown reactions from the various parts of construction materials, solvents, glues and other items in the structure. Don’t risk your health and safety – let our fire damage professionals handle it.
Thorough Inspections and Solutions
Our state-of-the-art technology can detect and neutralize these dangerous chemicals as well as contain hazardous materials. A fire loss is devastating and complex because of the unique behavior of smoke:
- Hot smoke migrates to cooler areas and upper levels of a structure.
- Smoke flows through plumbing systems, using holes around pipes to go from floor to floor.
- Depending on the type of smoke, it will greatly affect the restoration process.
It is important to have trained technicians at the loss location. Contact Restoration knows how to handle damage in Mesa, AZ from smoke, soot and the other results of fire. We will test for toxic gases and materials and remove smoke odor and soot from the indoor environment as well as from valuable electronics, machinery, books, documents, and artwork.
Identifying Types of Smoke
Contact Restoration steps in, takes charge, addresses your concerns and tests the smoke to see which of the following types of fire occurred.
- Wet Smoke – Low heat, smoldering, pungent odor, sticky, smeary. Smoke webs are more difficult to clean.
- Dry Smoke – Fast burning at high temperatures.
- Protein – Virtually invisible, discolors paints and varnishes. Extreme pungent odor.
- Fuel Oil Soot – Furnace puff backs cause fuel oil soot.
- Other Types – Tear gas, fingerprint powder, and fire extinguisher residue are other types.
Pre-testing Your Property
After Contact Restoration knows the type of smoke, the next step in evaluating the damage to the property is pretesting to determine:
- What can be restored and what must be replaced
- The most effective cleaning method
- Condition of the property before the damage occurred
- The full extent of the loss
Contact Restoration’s fire damage technicians will:
- Clean soot from electronics, machinery, and other valuable property
- Detect and removes toxic chemicals.
- Detect and neutralizes noxious gases.
- Restore valuable property back to its original condition, or sometimes even better!
Remember – Immediate action is important. Take action to minimize health hazards and reduce fire related damage to your home or business.
- Put safety first: fire may cause damage to the structure, including short circuits in the electrical system while producing chemical hazards. Learn the safety rules to protect yourself and avoid injury or infection.
- Secure your property and personal belongings from further damage.
- Give us a call or fill out the contact form on this website and Contact Restoration will provide an accurate damage assessment and a free quote.